Re: status icon API

Hi Mark:
I will reply when I get back Monday.

But we can't wait until gnome-2.6 or 2.8 to get this right, in the sense
that we need to make sure icons in the meantime can be made to theme
properly *and* have names.  Just saying 'create an anonymous icon from
this pixmap file' is not a tractable API for accessibility, it requires
app developers to make additional and seemingly-unrelated API calls in
order to do what should really be automatic to icon creation.

and yes, themes should override pixmap contents, that's how it works
with the gtk+ builtin icons :-)

-Bill