Re: status icon API

martyn 2 russell bt com wrote:

The only major downfall (I thought when doing it) was the
image size is
quite small (up to something like 24x24 I think).
I couldn't find anything in the Microsoft docs in a quick look that
indicated what the desired size was for the icon, or whether there
were restrictions, but that's one thing thing we should consider
adding ... a way of getting (and monitoring for changes) the
desired size.

I think anything bigger is made to fit (if I recall).
Icon files on windows can hold multiple images to be used for multiple bit depths or sizes. On windows, it looks like you just load up an icon and set it as the notification icon. The best size/bitdepth is chosen (or the icon is scaled if the required size is not available.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/