Re: gtk_message_dialog_new_with_markup() revisited

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 11:01:37AM +0200, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > What do people think?
>
> I think I'd prefer to have a new format conversion for that. Something like
>
> ..._with_markup ("<i>%m</i> %s", "this gets escaped", "this
> <b>doesn't</b>");
>
> But this wouldn't be any easier to implement, unless we want to rely on
> glibc features.

I'm not sure how much my opinion counts, but the app I've been working
on recently uses a lot of markup in various places.  It's pretty easy
to get it right.  I don't find it very confusing.  The tricky bits like
memory leaks & corruption are solved with valgrind & memprof.

--
.. Sensual .. Perceptual .. Cognitive .. Emotional .. Oh My!