Re: Integrating EggMenu code into GTK+

Hi,

I was thinking last night, propagating this stuff across plug/socket
is almost trivial. (You just have two things to pass around, the
actions and the UI xml.)

So more stuff -

 - rather than making them opaque, there doesn't seem to be a reason
   for MergeNodeType and MergeNode to be in the headers at all.
   Could just move to .c file.

 - "guint length" -> "gsize length"

 - Say I have one GtkPlug inside another GtkPlug inside a toplevel,
   for example nested Bonobo components.

   So I would imagine each plug and the toplevel have a
   GtkMenuMerge. How does the UI from the innermost plug get
   propagated to the toplevel?

   It seems like the plug in the middle would have to merge in the UI
   from the innermost plug, then propagate the merged XML and actions
   list to the toplevel.

   I don't see API right now to convert GtkMenuMerge into a serialized
   form that could then be merged into another GtkMenuMerge.
   I would expect maybe gtk_menu_merge_get_actions() (gets a
   flattened view of all actions) and gtk_menu_merge_get_ui()
   (gets XML representing merged UI). Also, a signal emitted
   when these change.

 - But another problem: the GtkMenuMerge that does the merge logic
   always creates widgets. So it can only be on a toplevel, not on a
   GtkPlug. Perhaps the merging and the widgeting need to be split
   apart? Or gtk_menu_merge_set_no_widgets()?

Havoc