pango's language processing modules

I user RH9.0 and the desktop manager is Gnome.
In the gnome , when I input Arabic letters into GUI applications which
is developed by Gtk+, it is ,you know , pango-arabic-xft.so module to
reshape the Arabic letters . This module use xft library and ,by default
,  the OpenType font to reshape and  render  the  correct  contextual
glyph of inputed  letters. But I don't have suitable Arabic OpenType
font to correctly produce the glyph. I have Arabic bitmap font .  Arabic
processing module pango-arabic-x.so can use core X windows system fonts
, of course which include bitmap font .So I think I may  use
pango-arabic-x.so  and bitmap font to correctly reshape and render the
contextual Arabic letters.
     please tell me how to make it run . or in aother words, how can I
make system load pango-arabic-x.so other than pango-arabic-x.xft  and
use bitmap font to reshape , render the Arabic letters . if I am false .
can you share me some ideas to correctly reshape the Arabic letters by
pango's Arabic module and bitmap font.
regards

                            cheng