Re: ORBit2 native Win32 port progress

Hi Tor,

Let me give you a concrete example of what I mean. Please take a look at Szalai Ferenc’s proposed GNet SSL patch that has yet been ported to windows.

http://www.gnetlibrary.org/pipermail/gnet-dev/2003-August/000328.html

In gnet_ssl_channel_create_watch() in sslchannel.c it does do

source = g_source_new (&gnet_ssl_watch_funcs, sizeof (GNetSSLWatch));

..
g_source_add_poll (source, &watch->pollfd);
..

In gnet_ssl_channel_new() is does

g_io_channel_init (channel);
channel->funcs = &gnet_ssl_channel_funcs;

registering all GIOFuncs.

Linc is clearly broken. Take a look at what we had to do in GNet. You can not just add winsock.h. You will have to create separate code paths for windows. For IPv6 support you will have to use LoadLibary() and use function pointers since only WinXP SP1 and Win 2003 have IPv6 support as I am doing now for GNet. By the time you are done you will end up with a mini-GNet.

Linc may even have issues running on other *nix OSs besides Linux. Take a look at gnet_gethostbyname() and the number of paths we have for Solaris, HP etc rather than just calling gethostbyname() for example.

I can try to help you fix and test glib’s main loop though I do not have a clear understanding of the problem you describe. It would be helpful to me if we were to work out a problem statement and proposed solution prior to coding.

If you were to commit fixes to CVS for GNet to the auto build stuff for windows; that would be great :)

Andrew Lanoix