RE: Making GtkMenuMerge nice to demo

> Just a few thoughts...
>
> > > struct GtkRadioActionEntry
> > > {
> > >   gchar *name;
> > >   gchar *stock_id;
> >
> > I omitted stock_id intentionally because I couldn't think of
> > a use, but
> > I just thought of the obvious counter-example in the standard GTK+
> > stock items. And I guess adding new stock items is currently what
> > we're recommending if you want custom icons for your menu items /
> > toolbar items. So, let's keep it in.
> >

> Something that I found difficult and uneasy to do with the GtkItemFactory
> stuff was setting custom icons.
>
> Could we have something like:
>
> 	GdkPixbuf *image;
>
> Would stock_id when set to something like the preferences stock id, change
> the icon and the text or just the icon? Some times, Programmers want to
> put
> their owne text with a stock item icon.  - Just something to consider
> really.

As Owen said, with the current API, the best approach is to create your own
stock items. To change the text of an existing stock item (keeping the
icon), you
would copy the stock icon and register it under a new name, I guess.

> > >   gchar *label;
> > >   gchar *accelerator;
> > >   gchar *tooltip;
> > >
> > >   guint  value;
>
> Also can we make menu items that are separators more obvious? Perhaps
>
> 	gboolean *separator;

Separator don't have any actions associated, they just appear in the XML ui
string as <separator/>.

Matthias