Re: #101293, again

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:31:33PM -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 12:31, Gregory Merchan wrote:
>
> > The presence of the window manager close button on modal dialogs is
> > itself a bug. On this point, even Windows and MacOS HIGs agree, though
> > for Windows the button may be just disabled. The reasons are plainly
> > stated in Cooper's About Face 2.0.
>
> So, a few things about the change I'm about to make:

<snip>

Is that your idea of a joke?  It's not funny.

I have not seen maintainer approval of any such change. Given how much
correctly working code it will break, I hope approval is not given.

If an application is not using GTK_RESPONSE_CANCEL for its Cancel buttons,
then the application is broken. If an application has not bound Escape
to get out of a mode, cancelling any action taken in that mode, then the
application is broken.

If a modeless window, such as all our correctly made instant-apply windows,
closes when Escape is pressed, then the code responsible for that window
is broken. GtkDialog is used to make such windows. Changing Gtk+ as you
propose will break all of them.

Ciao,
Greg