Re: toolbar status

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 21:09, Bill Haneman wrote:
> > Must meet accessibility and keyboard navigation requirements and work in
> > right to left environments.
> >
> >    I recently implemented rtl flipping, keyboard navigation is missing.
>
> Keynav is only a small aspect; you also need to check theme
> compliance/compatibility (especially with HighContrastLargePrint and
> HighContrastLargeInverse).

I don't really have to say much about this apart from: looks ok to me,
modulo the sensitivity problems discussed on desktop-devel-list
currently.

> Also, you need to make sure that the ATK apis are implemented
> appropriately; you will get some of this "for free" by inherited
> implementations from the toolbar's "parent" widget type (GtkContainer?).
>
> This last item is much easier if the toolbar items are themselves
> widgets, otherwise more work is required.
>
> See Marc Mulcahy's GUAD3C presentation, "Making GNOME Applications
> Accessible":
>
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/presentations/GUAD3C/making-apps-accessible/start.html

Toolbar items are widgets, but I don't really know how to test the ATK
apis. What I did was to load libferret into test-toolbar and see what it
reports. For regular toolbar items, I see

Accessible Type: GailButton (also GailToggleButton or GailRadioButton)
Parent Accessible Type: GailContainer
Accessible Name: <label>
Index in Parent: 0

I wonder about the "Index in Parent", which is 0 for all toolbar items.

There is also a GtkImage in the toolbar, for which ferret doesn't report
appropriate data. Instead, I see the data of the focus widget.

Matthias