Menu/toolbar choices

Hi

Now that the GNOME2 port of Anjuta is in a reasonable state, I am
thinking of converting the menu/toolbar to something more powerful and
flexible. It should have:
	1. Menu/toolbar merging.
	2. User editing, including re-assignable shortcuts.
	3. Loadable from external definitions
	4. Dockable through DnD
	5. Support pixmaps, stock items, showing the shortcuts in menu items
and other stuff currently provided by GnomeUIInfo and friends.

Basically, that means everything you can currently do with GnomeUIInfo +
external (XML ?) definitions + user-editing (a.l.a KDE) + GUI merging
(register/unregister items).

And while we are about it, it would be nice to have Action based
menu/toolbars (a.l.a QT/KDE). Makes code much cleaner IMO.

So, the current choices seem to the stuff in libegg or bonoboui. Sadly,
though he libegg stuff sounds promising, it doesn't seem to be in
compilable state, and has no docs. Does it/will it support the
above-mentioned features ? Is anyone actively working on it ? Some place
to go for help ?

Bonobo UI doesn't seem to support (2) and (5) - is that right ? (Sorry
if that is off-topic for the list)

I know I'm asking for a lot here - take it as a wish-list if you wish.
But I'd still like to have some advice on which direction to proceed in
as a long-term investment.
Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Biswa.