Re: Inconsistent inclusion of license info in headers

rsteinke w-link net writes:

> Poking through the gtk+ headers, I noticed that while most have
> the obligatory license language at the top, many do not. Is
> this due to a change in policy at some point in the development
> history? The files in question are:

There has been no policy change. Generally, I'd say our policy is:

 - autogenerated headers should not have copyright headers
 - non-autogenerated headers should have copyright headrese

> glib:
>
> glibintl.h

This one is special -- the few lines of boilerplate in here
don't originate in GLib, and we're basically assumming that they
aren't significant enough to need copyright protection.

> gunibreak.h (autogenerated)
> gunichartables.h (autogenerated)
> gunicomp.h

Also autogenerated.

> gunidecomp.h (autogenerated)
>
> gobject:
>
> gmarshal.h (autogenerated)
>
> pango:
>
> module-defs.h (autogenerated)
> pango-enum-types.h (autogenerated)
>
> atk:
>
> atk-enum-types.h (autogenerated)
> atkintl.h

Same as glibinl.h

> atkmarshal.h (autogenerated)
>
> gdk:
>
> gdkcolor.h
> gdkconfig.h (autogenerated)
> gdkcursor.h
> gdkdnd.h
> gdkdrawable.h
> gdkenumtypes.h
> gdkevents.h
> gdkfont.h
> gdkgc.h
> gdkimage.h
> gdkinput.h
> gdkintl.h
> gdkpixbuf.h
> gdkpixmap.h
> gdkproperty.h
> gdkregion.h
> gdkselection.h
> gdkvisual.h
> gdkwindow.h

> x11/gxid_proto.h

Should have been removed.

> win32/xcursors.h
> linux-fb/gdkfb.h

> linux-fb/mi.h
> linux-fb/mitypes.h

> gdk-pixbuf:
>
> gdk-pixbuf-enum-types.h (autogenerated)
> gdk-pixbuf-features.h
> gdk-pixbuf-i18n.h
> gdk-pixbuf-marshal.h (autogenerated)
>
> gtk:
>
> gtkintl.h

See above.

> gtkmarshal.h (autogenerated)
> gtkmarshalers.h (autogenerated)
> gtktextbtree.h
> gtktextiterprivate.h
> gtktextmarkprivate.h
> gtktextsegment.h
> gtktexttag.h
> gtktexttagprivate.h
> gtktexttagtable.h
> gtktexttypes.h

Care is needed for gtktext* ... if the contents of the header
is derived from Tk code, then they should get the Tk copyright
information (see the C files)

> gtktypebuiltins.h (autogenerated)

> xembed.h

This one shouldn't be LGPL; probably easiest just to
copy the header from gdk/x11/xsettings-client.h - down to the
Red Hat, 2001.