Re: Tear-off menus, version 2

Owen Taylor wrote:
Keyboard space does what you are asking for here for control-click for
check/radio menu items. So, move your hand from the small control key to
the big space bar and you are all set.

Very cool. Not quite what I want, though, because it seems to only work with checkbox menu-items like you said.

I'd be a bit worried that leaving up the menu with the keyboard/pointer
grab would cause problems for normal menu items.... we've spent some
effort to make sure that the menu is unposted and ungrabbed before we
call the callback.

Would it help if the implementation actually disabled the menu, called the callback, and then re-invoked the menu after the callback had fired?

I'm guessing that this would be flickery.

Thanks for the reply!

Michael