RE: TreeViewColumn header's events

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 15:44, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Kristian Rietveld [mailto:kris gtk org]
> > There's nothing really special with TreeView column headers,
> > except that
> > the button (in which a user-specified widget is packed) has an
> > input-only window which covers the button. And that's why
> > user-specified
> > widgets (like your event box), won't get events and tooltips
> > won't work.

(Oops, forgot to reply to this ...)

> Are you saying that GtkTreeViewColumn::button is public API? I think that's
> how Serge interpreted this, so I'd like to clear it up.

It isn't marked as such in the header file, but in this case there isn't
another way to do it. Maybe we should add a
gtk_tree_view_column_get_button() in 2.4, but I am not really sure if I
like that, because maybe we shouldn't be exposing it. Need to talk to
Jonathan about this.

	-Kris