Re: Adjusting the 2.4 schedule

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 02:43, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > I do think it is important that the part of the patch that changes the
> > wheel step from half a page to something more sensible goes in for
> > 2.4. Scroll wheels are very difficult to use currently.
>
> BTW, it would be really nice to be able able to configure this,
> through e.g. themes, since for example under Windows, we want to be able
> to use the system configuration that defines the mouse wheel scrolling
> value (which is currently ignore by gtk+).

The way this should work is via a GtkSetting. It needs to be made a
GtkSetting at the GTK+ level, then that's hooked up in the GDK backend
via:

gboolean gdk_setting_get (const gchar *name,
                          GValue      *value);

and by sending events of type GdkEventSetting when that changes.

Right now a couple of things are hooked up for the getter, but the
events aren't sent, so changes on the fly don't work.

A) A suggestion of what the GtkSetting should be for scroll
   speed.

B) A patch to implement that in the Win32 backend.

Would certainly be appreciated.