Re: GtkPaned patch

Luis Oliveira <luismbo netcabo pt> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a GTK+ newbie, I'm trying to add a new property to GtkPaned, a
> "continuous" property that decides if there should be constant redrawing
> when dragging a GtkPaned.
>
> My patch works, but I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it and it
> is missing a visual way of telling the user where it will get dragged
> to. I have no idea how to do this, I was hoping someone would give me a
> clue :)

Three thoughts:

1) You should file a bug in http://bugzilla.gnome.org/ on this issue,
   and attach the patch there so it doesn't get lost.

2) You definitely need some feedback while moving the pane. iirc, GTK+
   1.2 had and xor line it drew to show the area it's being moved to.

3) You need to give a rationale for the feature.  Why is the current
   constant updating not sufficient?

Thanks,
-Jonathan