http://www.gtk.org/plan/2.4

Another month has passed. Did we make any progress regarding plan/2.4 ?

A month ago, Owen said:
> The steps we need to move forward on planning at this point:
>
>   - Make sure we have detailed design proposals (and/or prototypes)
>     for all the items we want to handle.

We have a better prototype for the disclosure triangle, the "private struct"
patch is iterating, and I recently created GtkColorPickerButton and
GtkFontPickerButton. Anything else.

>   - Get some idea of who is going to be working on what.

Do we have an idea ? In particular, is anybody working on the fileselector
prototype ?

>   - Decide against some additions (always the hard part)
>
>   - Start getting stuff into CVS

I think the disclosure triangle, color and font picker are nearly ready.
Would be nice if
they could get some review.

> I'll be giving a talk about GTK+-2.4 at FOSDEM next weekend; I'm
> concentrating on the file selector for that ... hopefully I can
> kill two birds with one stone and the write up for that will serve
> as the design proposal for the new file selector.
>
> The file selector, menu, and combo API's are going to be the
> ones that will be most controversial, so that's where we need
> to focus effort right now.
>
> I think it would make sense to create separate sub-planning pages
> for the menu items. I'll do one for the file selector. Also,

Do we still want to do that ?

> I want to look at EggToolbar and the menu API stuff in near future,
> but perhaps the relevant parties want to "gather the evidence" for
> those.

Matthias