Re: [scintilla] Pango support on GTK+ 2.x

[I'm CC-ing the gtk-devel guys - hopefully they'll have some ideas]

> Pango text rendering is now supported on GTK+ 2.x. This provides very
> slow, high quality antialiased Unicode text. You specify use of Pango by
> prefixing the font name with '!', so '!Sans' or '!Serif' should always be
> possible. This technique of using a prefix character allows mixed use of
> Pango and GDK text rendering such as when you are only allowing non-ASCII
> in
> comments or string literals and want the faster speed of GDK for most of
> the
> code.

I'd really like to use Pango exclusively for the text, mainly because:
	1. The overall look-n-feel of anjuta is spoilt because the editor fonts
look totally out-of-sync with the rest of the GUI
	2. The preferences stuff, especially fonts, will become very awkward
with the hacks to support special indicators for pango fonts. Also,
gtk-fontselection will be difficult to use because of this.

However, a 9X slowness just for using Pango seems a bit too high a price
to pay for nice-looking text :-(