Re: Pthread detection in glib 2.2.1

Am Mon, 2003-03-10 um 15.54 schrieb Sebastian Wilhelmi:

> All this is nowadays solved with

> AC_TRY_RUN (bla, bla, bla, AC_LINK_IF_ELSE (bla, bla, bla))

> thanks to Owen, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not quite sure why this would prevent the basic problem that
that a crosscompiling environment cannot run executables. The only
measure which helps here is using existing executables to figure
out how the destination environment would behave.

For instance instead of trying to use the compiler to compile and
execute some binary to find out about all necessary threading switches
it would be cool to get the same experience by simply feeding stuff
into the compiler until it says: "Ok guy, this way is fine by me".

Is there no way to simply ask xlc about threading options?

--
Servus,
       Daniel