Re: GtkColorPickerButton

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 02:29:17PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> (In the ASCII art, XXXX means color swatch)
>
>     [  XXXX  Blue      ]
>     [  XXXX  Green     ]
>     [  XXXX  Orange    ]
>     [  XXXX  Purple    ]
>     [  XXXX  Other...  ]

I don't see how this is different from having a grid with the names
in tooltips ?

> (this is my memory of the gnumeric combo, that if I choose a red cell,
> the combo does not turn red - maybe I'm getting that wrong. but if I
> remember right the gnumeric combo is an applier not a
> picker/selector.)

The applier vs selector behavior of the combo is application
specific.  In Gnumeric due to the fragmented nature of its selection
it is easier to frame it as an applier, but the behavior could just
as easily be different.  The difference arises because I do not
update the colour combos when the selection moves.  That is my
choice, or more specificly a choice of MS Office that I happen to
agree with.