GTK New file selector

Hello.

I have noticed the discussion on the new file selector, and I would like
to join in with my opinion, purely as a user. If I'm reiterating what's
been said, please forgive me.

My suggestion is for the autocomplete/shell-completion debate.
How about having something like a cross between Nautilus' URL bar and
Galeon's URL bar?
specificly, I am suggesting that
1)typing characters would bring a combo-list with the completions
(GALEON)
2)pressing TAB ONCE would autocomplete (and perhaps filter the files
shown) (NAUTILUS does so once it is a definite match)
3)pressing TAB for the second time, without making any other changes
would cycle through the elements of the window (like Windows).
(NAUTILUS)

(3) can be varied by changing the number of presses needed to get it to
cycle - people in love with shell completion can set it to a negative
value (so it never cycles), people from the Windows world can set it to
zero (so it always cycles) and the default could be one, so that people
can enjoy both worlds.

How about it?

Uri David Akavia

P.S. please CC to me as I am not subscribed.
I am referring to Nautilus and Galeon 2.