Re: Algorimic Complexity Attack on GLIB 2.2.1

On 30 May 2003, Scott A Crosby wrote:

> Universal hash functions aren't performance hogs. We include benchmark
> graphs in the paper. In almost all cases, an L2 cache miss dominates
> the hashing cost. Also, the uhash function, for all inputs longer than
> 64 bytes, faster than perl's simplistic hash function.

on second thought - i withdraw my objection - I don't actually need to
care about gnome perfomance any more, so there is no reason to object.
And on the positive side, I get to not to be negative.

> Scott

	Sander

OpenOffice.org - conquering the world 14000 PC-s at a time