Re: GtkToolbar drag and drop

Hi Soeren,

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 12:19, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> I know practically nothing about XEMBED, but is there any reason this
> transaction coulnd't take place:
>
>         socket: "please draw yourself to a pixmap"
>         plug: "ok, I have drawn myself to a pixmap with ID <xid>"

	Well ;-) I'd rather fix the: socket show -> size -> child show
interaction currently it's rather a shambles; you have to show your
toplevel plug and quickly unmap the toplevel, and then the remote socket
maps the child without it getting a 'show' notification [AFAIR].

	Anyhow - it seems somewhat more painful to have stuff adapting to
various XEmbed versions.

> Btw. if you need something to be concerned about, consider that I am
> seriously thinking about removing support for "pack_end" on tool items
> in favor of using expandable, no-draw separators to force things to
> the end.

	Oh ! :-) that sounds cool in fact; My feeling is that we're going to
need to parse the XML on client and server to do the bonobo mapping well
anyway; so a tad of re-organisation is prolly a good thing.

	My feeling is that things that tend to distort the underlying order of
nodes in the XML <-> View are rather unhelpful; the pack_end behaviour
seems a prime candidate for the chop; also if you're doing that - I
suspect the UIManager's 'add_ui' 'top' gboolean needs to go as well
[always append] ( it's all theoretically doable with placeholders) -
which reminds me - is the 'default' placeholder concept in place ?

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot