Re: Some 2.6 thinking

Hello.

I would like to have an offscreen rendering of the GTK widgets.
User would define the fixed pixmap size and the widgets would
be rendered to that. Events would be delivered by API calls.
Possible applications: (1) GUI color enchangement for visually
impaired, (2) warped GUIs (fish-eye zoom, fun-looking GUIs), (3)
composed GUIs -- alpha channel and transparency could be included to
the rendering prior flattening to the screen.

I also would like to have such an OpenGL support that GTK could
have OpenGL based widgets. GTK's box layout hierarchy could
extend to OpenGL side (and be used optionally): e.g., OpenGL-area
could be spliced with the viewport frustums (pyramides).

Regards,
Juhana