Gtk_Tree_View unreadable on displays with few colors

Hello,

When displaying a Gtk_Tree_View, when rules are enabled and/or a column
is sorted, the background color for ruled/sorted cells is generated
through a call to get_darkened_gc, which has the side effect of
allocating a color.

When working on a display with few colors, the closest color is used,
and in some cases this color can be something very dark, making the tree
unreadable.

The "rules" can be disabled, but (unless I am wrong) there is no API to
disable sorting. Have I missed this API ? (or is there a known
workaround ?)

In the case where there is no known solution, I can open a bugzilla
entry and suggest a patch...

Best regards,

Nico
for the GtkAda team