Re: File name encoding and GTK ABI compatibility on Win32

Mike Hearn writes:
 > If you are going to do this, please make it optionally enabled (tied to
 > the win32 UNICODE macro, perhaps?).

The UNICODE macro directs using wchar_t vs. "normal" char Win32
API. It would be very confusing to use it for some other purpose.

 > Please don't just magically make programs compiled against the glib
 > 2.6 headers silently depend on 2.6 only symbols.

I think we have done that in the past, too?

 > This is unintuitive and isn't the Windows methodology anyway.

Well, if you want "the Windows methodology," you know where to find it ;-)

--tml