Re: Re[2]: Gimp 2.0, icons and GLib

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 16:56, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> >> Refresh my memory, what's the issue here?
>
> > Plugins can't be loaded when the path contains a space:
>
> Ah yes. That problem indeed was fixed in CVS in September.
>
> > IIRC, you said that this was already fixed in CVS, and that you will
> > release a snapshot before GIMP 2.0 would be released, since you
> > didn't expect GLib 2.2.4 to be released anytime soon.
>
> Hmm... I don't like doing snapshot releases, because of the
> accompanying hassle of making a corresponding snapshot source tarball,
> which is kinda painful on Windows.
>
> I really would prefer if there was a GLib 2.2.4 release, and also a
> Pango 1.2.6 and GTK+ 2.2.5 release in the same approximate timeframe
> as GIMP 2.0's release... There are some important bugfixes in all of
> them. Is there any chance of this happening?

Only if someone else can do it. The basic instructions are
in docs/RELEASE_HOWTO... the trickiest part is that you need
to be using approximately the same auto* that I do, and in
particularly a version of libtool with some custom patches.
(The patches are in the recent Red Hat/Fedora libtool packages.)

Any volunteers?