TreeView with connecting lines

Hello. I recently started programming with gtk2 (gtkmm, actually), and my question is:

How can I get a TreeView that displays the connecting lines between the nodes? Like in gtk1.2, Qt, Windows, etc...

I heard a rumor that it was not supported by the toolkit. Is this true, and if so, will it be "fixed" in 2.4? The lines really help the readability of a large tree IMHO, so I would almost call it a bug if it couldn't be done...

I tried searching for this subject (to no avail). Any answers are appreciated.

-Tor Arvid-