Re: Windows suggestion

codemastr writes:
 > Yes this is exactly what I'm talking about! It would be useful to me because
 > then the toolbox would always be there rather than hidden behind 50 million
 > other windows that I have open.

But if this would be implemented using the current GTK API, there is
nothing that would prevent windows of other applications from placing
themselves on top of this "GIMP toolbar". I think the way Office's
(and other application's) toolbar works is that other applications
don't even try to use that part of the screen, if they work
correctly. (The SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA) docs say: "The
work area is the portion of the screen not obscured by the system
taskbar or by application desktop toolbars.")

Hmm, there seems to be good documentation for "Application Dekstop
Toolbars" in the MS Platform SDK. I don't know if there is any
corresponding X11 desktop API/conventions (should check from
www.freedesktop.org), but if there is, it would probably make sense to
add corresponding cross-platform API to GTK, which then would be
implemented using the application desktop toolbar API on Windows. But
that would be something for GTK 2.6, earliest...

--tml