Re: GtkFileChooser in "save mode" and placement of user specified widget (gtk_file_chooser_set_extra_widget)

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 23:17 +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> When using the gtk_file_chooser_set_extra_widget() in "save mode" to put
> some extra things in the dialog, it's placed *between* the other widgets
> of the dialog.

I don't remember if there was a particular reason to put the extra
widget above the "Browse for other folders" expander.  If I were to pull
a reason out of my sleeve, I'd say that we have it there because the
folders drop-down should already have a list of folders in which you are
likely to save.  Thus, having to Browse for other folders would be an
infrequent operation, so we shove that expander to the bottom.

It would be good if people could patch that on their local copies of
GTK+ to see which arrangement is more usable with most applications.

  Federico