How bring Handlebox "always" on top

Hello

I work on Windows 2k (with PyGTK 2.2.4) and i want do follow (if
possible):

If the mainwindow is active, the detached Handleboxes (Toolbars) should
always visible, eg. on the top over the mainwindow. If are more than one
Handlebox detached, all Handleboxes are over the mainwindow and the last
detached Handlebox is on top.
If the mainwindow is not active the detached handleboxes are not visible.

In the current version, the mainwindow is on top and the detached
Handleboxes can hidden by the Mainwindow (if it is moved) or by other
windows and i cannot bring it back on top.

Have anybody  a idea how i can solve this problem ?

I seek in my documentation, but there are not very much functions to
manage stacking order. I only found functions in gtk.Window (present) and
gtk.gdk.Window (raise, lower).

I think it must be possible, because gtk.Menu.popup bring a Menu always on
top. You can move the underlaying mainwindow without hide the menu.

Thank you for any ideas / inspiration

martin