[bob brasko net: Re: Glib]

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 01:04:14PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Bob Rossi <bob brasko net> writes:
>
> > Glib is the closest thing I could find. However, it seems that Glib
> > contains a lot more than what I need. g_threads, ...
>
> Threads supports is in an extra library as is support for loadable
> modules and the GObject system.  The basic glib library is pretty
> small and contains mostly data types. Sorry, but I don't see your
> point.

Ok, maybe I'm a little ignorant on how Glib works. How do I build a Glib
with mostly data types? Does this depend on the pkg-config program? I
checked out the latest sources and did a build on Cygwin. The
./configure needed pkg-config. So I downloaded that. For some reason,
that depends on an older version of GLib? That didn't compile.

Do you see how it would be nice if Glib could be ./configured in a way
that only produced a library with ADT's?

My point is, I would like to be able to compile the small Glib you are
talking about, without depending on anything (OS specific in Glib or
programs in the build system ). Is this possible? I would really like
to use Glib's data structures in CGDB.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi