Re: UNIX/WIN32 exports in 2.3.5

On 2004.03.06 01:49 Alfons Hoogervorst wrote:
Lo J.,

On 05-03-04 (Fri) 14:40 +0000 J. Ali Harlow wrote:

| I have been thinking of possible ways to solve the perennial problem
| of maintaining the win32 export files. Meanwhile, I have written a
| quick script which compares the functions listed in a win32 .def file
| with those exported from a unix shared library.

May be or not be interesting depending on what you want to do:

If you need to generate def files from public symbols listed in both
MingW and VC++ generated COFF object files, take a look at how
sylpheed/claws for windows does it:

http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/win32/

Thanks, but that's a rather different problem. The issue here is really
a question of what's the best way to do it rather than one of implementation.

Libtool 1.5.2 is supposed to support -export-symbol* under linux[1] so
this might be the best way forward. I'm still making my own mind up
never mind trying to persuade anyone else :-)

Cheers,

Ali.

[1]http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/libtool/libtool/ChangeLog.diff?r1=1.1220.2.45&r2=1.1220.2.46

--