Re: [glib-reference] dispatching with g_source_attach()?

On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 03:27, Takeshi AIHANA wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been translated "glib reference manual" for glib-2.2.x to Japanese,
> then I found a description for dispatching in section "The Main Event Loop"
> which might be wrong with a function g_source_attach() like;
>
>  glib/docs/reference/glib/tmpl/main.sgml:733
>   728 <entry>dispatch</entry>
>   729 <entry>
>   730 Called to dispatch the event source, after it has returned %TRUE in
>   731 either its @prepare or its @check function. The @dispatch function is
>   732 passed in a callback function and data. The callback function may be
>   733 %NULL if the source was never connected using g_source_attach(). The
>   734 @dispatch function should call the callback function with data and
>   735 whatever additional parameters are needed for this type of event source.
>   736 </entry>
>
> In "if the source was never connected using g_source_attach()...",
> I guessed "... using g_source_set_callback()..." is correct.
> This function "g_source_attach()" try to add a context to event source, not
> set a callback function.
> While, function "g_source_set_callback()" can set callback function to
> event source, which is waked up in dispatching phase.
> My construction is wrong?

No, I think you are exactly right.

Mon Mar  8 08:32:36 2004  Owen Taylor  <otaylor redhat com>

        * glib/tmpl/main.sgml: Reference g_source_set_callback(),
        not g_source_attach(). (Takeshi AIHANA)

For future reference, the best place to report problems with the
documentation is in bugzilla.

Thanks,