Re: About gthread cancellation

Colin Walters wrote:
On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 19:48, Davi de Castro Reis wrote:

My doubt is: if I don't have g_thread_cancel, how can I implement this simple server loop? The only other solution I can see is to use no-blocking mode and select() with timeouts, which is rather ugly and not desired if I do use threads.

A select with a timeout of say a second shouldn't have any noticeable
impact on system load.  That's currently the only way to do it.

The impact on the system load is really insignificant. But is it safe? AFAIK, the mix of select and threads should be avoided, since select might be implemented with signals.

Thanks,
Davi de Castro Reis