Re: GIOChannels, GNet, GOIO

Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> writes:

> On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 05:41:44PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
>> Dave Benson <daveb ffem org> writes:
>>
>> > i'm not sure if you'd be interested, but
>> > i'm coauthorer of another glib-based i/o
>> > library, GSK.
>> >
>> > 	http://gsk.sf.net/
>> >
>> > its goals (high-performance many-client server apps)
>> > are perhaps different that yours though...
>> >
>> Hmm, it seems you have reimplemented the GLib main loop: I'd like to
>> stay compatible to it, so I'm not clear whether I can use GSK. Other
>> than that, the stream stuff looks nice at a first glance; I'll
>> definitly take a look at your code when doing the GOIO stuff.
>
> Throw libgsf into the mix if you're going to start considering
> merges.  It has now reached a point where the good and bad decisions
> are clear and it's time to consider a gsf-2.0 flag day to fix the
> shortcomings.

I'll definitly, when I come to need filters and the like. I've now
uploaded [0] an updated version of GOIO, which adds asynchronous IO
and memory-based "files". I posted a mail to the GNet developers list,
since I'm likely to merge some of their stuff (GInetAddr and
GTcpConnection, for starters).

[0] http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926584/src/

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty ICQ      | 118634484 ICQ | a rottmann gmx at

Python is executable pseudocode, Perl is executable line-noise.