Re: GTK+ replacements for libgnomeui widgets

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 19:25 -0400, muppet wrote:
> On Monday, May 24, 2004, at 07:03 PM, James M. Cape wrote:
>
> > The code would be much cleaner, but I'm not sure how useful random
> > file buttons are in real applications.
>
> personally, having written several in-house applications which are
> front-ends for processing that works on data files supplied by the
> user, such a button would be very handy, especially if you could drag
> and drop files onto it.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the perfect widget
would be a ComboBox for the OPEN and SELECT_FOLDER, and a ComboBoxEntry
for SAVE and CREATE_FOLDER. IOW, never mind making it a button, I was
just thinking out loud.

DnD, cut, copy, and paste should all work automatically, of course :-).

--
Peace,

    Jim Cape
    http://ignore-your.tv

    "We still name our military helicopter gunships after victims
     of genocide. Nobody bats an eyelash about that: Blackhawk.
     Apache. And Comanche. If the Luftwaffe named its military
     helicopters Jew and Gypsy, I suppose people would notice."
       -- Noam Chomsky, "Propaganda and the Public Mind"