Re: GtkIconView

Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 01:22 +0100, Michael Natterer wrote:
>>
>> (snip)
>
> I believe we should be able to add a cellrenderer-based API in 2.8,
> along the lines of
>
> void
> gtk_icon_view_pack_start    (GtkIconView     *view,
>                              GtkCellRenderer *cell,
>                              gboolean         expand);
> void
> gtk_icon_view_add_attribute (GtkIconView     *view,
>                              GtkCellRenderer *cell,
>                              const gchar     *attribute,
>                              gint             column);
> void
> gtk_icon_view_set_cell_data_func (GtkIconView      view,
>                                   GtkCellRenderer *cell,
>                                   CellDataFunc     func,
> 		                  gpointer         func_data,
>                                   GtkDestroyNotify destroy);

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

> The current set_{text,markup,pixbuf}_column() API can be kept
> as a "toy" API, and can be implemented by setting up the
> necessary cell rendererers and attributes.
> The orientation is still useful to determine if the cell
> renderers will be layed out horizontally or vertically.
> Do you envision the need to arrange cell renderers different
> from that ?

I *could* start freaking out and ask for multi-row or multi-column
layout, but i guess that's overkill :) GIMP for example will simply
put a single renderer in there.

So if that API is going to be added for 2.8, I don't see a problem
in cleanly using it.

thanks,
--mitch