Re: Menu blinking animation

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 18:30 +0100, Sander Vesik wrote:
>  --- Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

> > with
> > >
> > > It will be made a style property.
> >
> > Style property doesn't make sense to me for a behavior that's more or
> > less independent of the theme drawing.
> >

> Surely its as much a "look and feel" issue as any other aspect of a theme?

Well, themes are really just *look*, not feel. There are some feel
things in themes - e.g., arrow position for scrollbars, but they are
typically ones that require drawing changes to support.

Tying behaviors into the theme that don't relate to theme drawing causes
people to create BluecurveMinusMenuBlinking themes or suchlike.
Generally GtkSettings work better for behavior.