Disable Double buffering for embedded application

Hello,

I am considering gtk for embedded use and was trying to see if disabling double bufferring would speed up performance. So I commented USE_BACKING_STORE in gdkwindow.c. My understanding was that with this change all drawing will directly be done to the screen. However gtktest() showed some funny problems. Some widgets don't get drawn sometimes and the behaviour is random. This is on the latest gtk+-2.4.11 on slackware 10.

Any ideas, comments.

Regards
Kanchan