Re: ANN: imsep 0.6

[ Dropping the SELinux list, since this is only about the GTK+ patch ]

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 08:59 +0200, Tim Janik wrote:

> it'd be nice if you could give a description of what the patch attempts
> to achive. reading through it, i simply don't understand what it intends
> to achive/change.

Matthias and I talked about this a bit, and we thought it made sense to
allow an image loader to filter based on file names.  For example, it
may not be desirable to use imsep for theme icons, for performance
reasons.  So the io-imsep.c gdk-pixbuf module allows for reading a
regexp in /etc/imsep/ignore for filenames to ignore.

Another issue is that we don't want to try using imsep if there is
no D-BUS session bus active, or if we can't contact the imsep master
service.

In order to make this change, I really needed to add a new loader
method.  I tried to make it fairly generic.  You can see the logic
in io-imsep.c's initialize_with_filename method.

If we can't access the Imsep master daemon, we return
GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_DECLINE so that we aren't used.  If we can, and the
filename isn't matched by /etc/imsep/ignore, then we return
GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_OVERRIDE so that we are used in preference to any
other module.

> partially, that's due to io-imsep.c missing from your patch, you should
> create patches with diff -Nup to catch newly added files.

Fixed.