Re: RFC: Tooltips redesign (needed e.g. for row dependent tips in treeview)

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 19:01 +0200, Christof Petig wrote:
> Owen Taylor schrieb:
> > A lot of the details of the above maybe should be a little different
> > than I've sketched out, but I think it is a whole lot simpler than
> > any callback-based mechanism with the same set of functionality.
>
> Sounds really good. Any idea on how I can help you reaching this point?

Well, dive in and start implementing it. :-)

This isn't really something I'm planning on doing myself any time soon
and I don't think it requires deep understanding of GTK+ internals.
I think getting it basically working, making sure the API is reasonable,
etc, is probably a 10-15 hour project.

Making it absolutely reliable when moving widgets between toplevels,
changing screens, etc, might be a little tricky, but that can be
nailed down at the patch review stage.