Re: GObject Serialization

Hello again,

Jody,
  Two more questions:

> > >     Which data on earth can't be repressented as bytes?
> >
> > Serializing the an xml dom tree.  The result is a data structure,
> > not raw bytes.  Have a look at libxml's xmlNode.

    Usually the process of serialization is required to save a DS to a
file or pass it to another application (local or remote).

1. If we serialize a DS to another DS, which can't be expressed as a
byte stream, what utility would it serve?

2. Moreover, can this transformation from one DS to another DS be
correctly called 'Serialization'?