Re: glib not detected.

Dnia 15-09-2004, śro o godzinie 16:47 -0400, Patel, Nilesh M napisał:
> I am a novice at gtk and I am trying to install it onto my linux machine (fedora2). I have added the following packages:
> -pkg-config
> -GNU make
> -JPEG, TIFF
> -FreeType
> -fontconfig
> -GNU libiconv library
> -GNU gettext
> -Glib 2.4.6
>
> The problem I am having is that every time I try to ./configure the pango 1.4.1, I keep getting this error: GLIB 2.4.0 or better is required. But I just downloaded glib 2.4.6. How do I get rid of glib2.4.0 and make it detect glib 2.4.2? Any suggestions. I am fairly new and stuck.

You installed from source, right? If so, you probably have installed it
into /usr/local, which means you need to export env variable
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig before running ./configure.
Unfortunately, it seems that in one of recent versions pkgconfig was
changed and no longer searches under /usr/local.

HTH,
Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"