Re: gtk_widget_get_window() method needed

Hi,

Stefan Kost <kost imn htwk-leipzig de> writes:

> I wonder why there is no gtk_widget_get_window() method.
> Whe I e.g. whould like to set a wait-cursor for my main-window I
> need to directly acces the window member of the GtkWidget structure,
> which is not nice.

A typical application developer should not have to touch the GDK layer
at all. So what's missing here is gtk_widget_set_cursor().  People
should only ever see GDK if they need to write their own drawing
code. Using widget->window should be OK then. If we added
gtk_widget_get_window(), people would start to ask why this function
doesn't always succeed.

Sven