Re: Gtk icons caching

Matthias Clasen wrote:

GTK+ already supports exactly what you describe. I can use of mmapped cache files for icon themes. Do you have files called
/usr/share/icons/<themename>/icon-theme.cache ?
Are they uptodate, ie not older than the directory containing them ?

If you are missing them, or they are stale, try running
Yes, all the <theme>/icon-theme.cache files seems to be older than their corresponding directory.

for d in /usr/share/icons/*; do gtk-update-icon-theme -f $d; done
Small typo for the update program, I assume :

for d in /usr/share/icons/*; do gtk-update-icon-cache -f $d; done

That command runs, but the icon-theme.cache files arent updated anyway it seems,
the files still have the same time-stamps on them... Perhaps this is why I am
experiencing the problem to begin with?

/Jacob