GTKfb - project status

I am sorry to email you developers directly but I need an answer to a question and keep getting conflicitng views from users in the GTK list and different resources on the www.

I am working on an embedded project and need to keep RAM and FLASH to a minimum.  One way for me to do that is not use X Windows.  I had intended to use GTKfb to allow me to do that.

Becasue I am a newbie to GTK I posted into the GTK list and have searched several site on the web for info and have been told that GTKfb does not work and is not maintained.

Could you tell me what the current state of play is with the GTKfb project please.

Please be gentle with me I am a newbie :0)

Thanks

Clive Chapman