Re: socket handling patch for glib-win32

Tor Lillqvist wrote:
 > but until MS Windows starts supporting the BSD socket API,

Umm, you mean WinSock isn't close enough? IMHO, the differences in API
are rather minor and easy to work around.

My suggestion in the bug commentary for #147392 is to deprecate the use of watches with blocking sockets. This would remove the major problem with watching sockets on win32. It should be done on all platforms to encourage portability.

I don't think glib needs to grow its own socket wrappers, but I could be wrong.

John