Re: building glib on win32

On 30.04.2005 06:30, Jack Moffitt wrote:
Hello All,

I'm having trouble building glib 2.6.4 on win32.  I've had glib 2.4.7
building great after just modifying a few paths in the makefiles, but
this version is broken with respect to io watches (as discussed on the
mailing list recently).  Tor has a new patch for this, but apparently
this only works on the 2.6 and HEAD trees.

A few problems I noticed:

 * IsDebuggerPresent is only available in later versions of the windows
   API.  WINVER and/or __WIN32_WINNT need to be defined >= 0x0400 in
   order for this call to get declared.

* gmessages.c contains some calls to getpid() that aren't enclosing in #ifdef G_OS_WIN32

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/glib/glib/gmessages.c?view=log

Once these are fixed, there are still issues.  The creation of glib.def
from glib.symbols fails.  I suspect the call to the preprocessor needs
-DALL_FILES and somehow needs to include gmacros.h.  After hacking this
to "work", one of the .exes build later fails to build, but all the
libraries seem to build ok.
Has this been fixed in CVS?  I can't figure out how to generate the
.win32 files from .in files without doing it all by hand so I haven't
bothered trying to build CVS yet.

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/glib/glib/makefile.msc.in?view=log

Yes, at least on HEAD this is fixed - can't remember if it
got applied to glib-2-6. But now you know how to llok yourself ;-)

	Hans