Re: GTKVTS question

On 8/11/05, Banginwar, Rajesh <rajesh banginwar intel com> wrote:
>             I am resending part of my earlier question here. I am trying to
> assess the usefulness of GTKVTS project to GTK community for regression or
> other kind of testing. We are using it for LSB runtime testing when we add
> GTK library set to LSB.

To the best of my knowledge, gtkvts was never used by anyone outside
of Sun [The spb.su authors were Sun contractors, I believe.] And as
you can see by the CVS history, it has not been modified in over a
year. So it is not likely anyone here has a good answer to your
question, unfortunately- I would strongly recommend emailing
derek rafter sun com (the last committer to the project) to ask if
they still use it and what they would recommend.

> Also, we will really appreciate any information regarding the licensing of
> this project. Are we expected (or required) to check in all our
> changes/updates back to the GTK CVS? Option we were considering was to make
> a copy of this project in LSB CVS and put our changes there. Any help or
> suggestions here will be appreciated.

Have you tried emailing the maintainers and asking about the license?
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/gtkvts/MAINTAINERS

Hope this helps- sorry that there is not a better answer at this point in time-
Luis