Re: gtk performance testing [was Re: GNOME 2.11/2.12 targeting GTK+ 2.8 (ie cairo based)]

>   This is already being done in the Cairo code for certain operations
> where possible.  Do you have a case where cairo is generating a large
> amount of overhead?
Well I did not test any specific benchmarks nore do I have relyable
testdata - but gtk applications just "feel" slower when running on top
of cairo (2.8 vs. 2.6.10) although I have a system with an accerlated
RENDER implementation (nvidia driver) so somewhere there
definitivly must be overhead?
Glitz is not really an option on my system since the nvidia driver
seems to eat up 20mb ram for each opengl context - and furthermore I
do not see a reason why I should use OpenGL for something that worked
fine before (espacially with a look back to gtk-1.2).

lg Clemens